Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sorry for the silence, it's too loud outside

This blog is not dead, I'd say. More like dormant. Things have changed dramatically since the last post in December 2018. Not only was I elected as incoming Vice-President of SETAC Europe in February 2019 and took office in May. Also, and much more importantly, did my boss leave RWTH Aachen, while I decided to stay. Since then I took over most of his teaching and started looking for a new job. Together with all the obligations coming with being Vice-President, such as chairing the Strategic Planning Committee of SETAC Europe, this new situation limited time for writing to a minimm.

This little amount of time left I invested in LinkedIn, to build up my profile there, extend my network, become active and thus also help my visibility. Hence, I sort of translocated my writing and reporting about our research but also other aspects of my work there.

See my LinkedIn Profile to find out about our latest publications, about new things from the lab, and about my thoughts and opinions on a number of different topics. Especially important to me is my #scienceguard initiative towards forming a network of scientific thinkers picking up vague, statements, misunderstandable information and false claims, and asking critical questions that put news out there to scientific scrutiny. This is an attempt to show the public how supposed facts should be questioned before building an opinion, and thus increase informed decision-making.

Hope you join to strengthen democracy!

Oh, and I also happen to be on twitter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment